straight 8 industry shootout 2017
these great companies are competing head-to-head at cannes advertising festival...
DROGA5 // IRIS SINGAPORE // ADAM&EVEDDB // RUSHES // RPA // PARTIZAN // STAAK // IRIS LONDON // PG COMMERCIAL // WK LONDON // HOGARTH WORLDWIDE // GLASSWORKS // ICONOCLAST // WCRS // BLONDE // IRIS AMSTERDAM // STRING AND TINS // 72ANDSUNNY
see all the films and help to choose this year's winner at 11am, 23 june, cinema les arcades, cannes
doors and bloody marys from 10am
tickets are available here
entry is closed for 2017
after its debut last year, we're bringing back the straight 8 industry shootout
this is our ad-industry version of our straight 8 competition. it is limited to 25 companies working in the global ad industry, competing as companies, for charity
just like the regular straight 8, entrants make a film on one roll of super 8mm cine film, with no second takes, no editing, no post-production. sound must be original and is delivered 'blind'
each company will see their straight 8 film for the first time at cinema les arcades in cannes during the advertising festival
the cinema audience will then vote and the winning companies get to donate the prize-money to the charities of their choosing
entry to straight 8 industry shootout is limited to 25 companies. first come first served. pre-registration is essential to be eligible to enter - see the form below
this is a great chance to have some fun, making a film in one of the hardest ways possible, raising money for charity and battling creatively with the rest of the industry. what's not to like?
here's who's entered last year: DIRTY FILMS - IRIS WORLDWIDE - ROGUE FILMS - BBH - CHIEF - MAD COW - ELECTRIC THEATRE COLLECTIVE - ADAMANDEVEDDB - PARTIZAN - MOTHER - LUCKY GENERALS - HUGE STUDIO - THE WAGON - SAATCHI - ROTHCO - AARDMAN - ROCKHOUND - GREAT GUNS - FINAL CUT - HERO MEDIA
for more details about shootout 2016 click here
check out the rules below the poster...
thanks to those who are brave enough to enter and to our partners
the 8 rules of shootout are:
- you can only enter as a major company linked to the advertising industry. only 25 companies allowed. first come first served. you can only enter at straight8.net/shootout from 8pm (london) wednesday april 18th 2017. you could be an agency, production company, service company, edit house, post-production, music or sound company - so long as it's about ads. registration in advance essential - see below
- you must film only on the kodak super 8 cartridge that we will send you. it offers you up to 3'20" film length - not a frame more, without synch sound
- no editing or post-production. everything is done in-camera. so filming in single takes, in story order. and we process your film so no cheating! film delivery deadline: friday may 26th - london - physical delivery - by 7pm at cinelab london (slough!)
- your digital soundtrack must be 100% original - no silent films, we've all moved on - and sent to us on a link by 23:59 (london) thursday 1st june
- you source your own camera, cast, crew - and idea. there's no brief or theme - unusual maybe for this industry but not for the film industry
- the first time teams will see their own films is at the premiere in cannes on friday june 23rd, morning. all films will be shown. the good, the bad and the ugly
- entry is £500 per entering company and profits will go to winning companies' charity of choice. winners chosen by audience vote in cannes - no voting for your own film
- more detailed rules will be given after successful registration.
thanks to our partners in shootout 2017. explore who they are and more will be explained as we go along
watch last year's straight 8 industry shootout programme, exactly as it premiered in cannes and london, below: