the straight 8 industry shootout will return - follow us to be the first to hear
//////// full shootout 2016 report here ////////
the straight 8 industry shootout was new for 2016 - presented by apa and in association with creature of london and our great other partners below, it is our ad-industry only straight 8 competition and it is limited to 25 companies
each company saw their straight 8 film screened for the first time at cinema les arcades in cannes during the advertising festival on june 23
it's the only screening at cannes advertising where none of the work has ever been seen before - not even by its makers who were:
DIRTY FILMS - IRIS WORLDWIDE - ROGUE FILMS - BBH - MAD COW - ADAMANDEVEDDB - PARTIZAN - MOTHER - LUCKY GENERALS - HUGE STUDIO - THE WAGON - SAATCHI - ROTHCO - AARDMAN - ROCKHOUND - GREAT GUNS - FINAL CUT - HERO MEDIA
the cinema audience voted and the winning three companies got to donate the money from the entry pot to charities of their choice
then on july 13th our london premiere sold out at picturehouse central, with the 18 films receiving a brilliant respose .
thanks to all our partners and to everyone who entered and came to either of our early morning events!
please join our mailing list to hear about shootout 2017 first
and now watch the 2016 shootout programme, in the order it was shown in cannes and london, below:
the 8 rules of shootout are:
- you can only enter as a major company linked to the advertising industry. only 25 companies allowed. first come first served. you can only enter at straight8.net/shootout from 8pm (london) tuesday april 26th 2016. you could be an agency, production company, service company, edit house, post-production, music or sound company - so long as it's about ads. registration in advance essential - see below
- you must film only on the kodak super 8 cartridge that we will send you. it offers you up to 3'20" film length - not a frame more, without synch sound
- no editing or post-production. everything is done in-camera. so filming in single takes, in story order. and we process your film so no cheating! film delivery deadline: wednesday june 1st - london - physical delivery - by 7pm at cinelab london (slough!)
- your digital soundtrack must be 100% original - no silent films, we've all moved on - and sent to us on a link by 23:59 (london) wednesday 8th june
- you source your own camera, cast, crew - and idea. there's no brief or theme - unusual maybe for this industry but not for the film industry
- the first time teams will see their own films is at the premiere in cannes on thursday june 23rd, morning. all films will be shown. the good, the bad and the ugly
- entry is £350 per entering company and proceeds will go to winning companies' charity of choice. winners chosen by audience vote in cannes - no voting for your own film
- more detailed rules will be given after successful registration. registration for this year is closed, subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to hear when the industry shootout returns for 2017.
thanks to all our 2016 shootout partners